The Way of Discipline
April 10, 2021
The Way : His and Ours
Matthew 6: 1-24
April 11, 2021
The Way of Jesus: Discipline
I. The Way of Jesus Is the Way of Generosity.
1. Proper Attitude
(1) Give to be seen, heard, or recognized
(2) Don’t tell people how much to give
(3) Left hand/ right hand
II. The Way of Jesus Is the Way of forgiveness
1. Nickel Mines _______________________________________
2. Here’s a passage we must take seriously- Matthew 6:14.
III. The Way of Jesus Is the Way of Discipline.
1. Spiritual Disciplines
2. Results? (10)
you receive insight
you hear God’s small voice
you make better decisions
demonstrate moral courage
detach from distractions
discover inner peace
behave less selfishly
overcome the worst parts of yourself
Scriptures for Further Exploration:
I Timothy 4:7-8
I Thessalonians 5:6-18
Questions for Group Discussion
1. What spiritual disciplines have you found most helpful?
2. What are the things that hinders us from entering into these disciplines?