The Christian Constitution Pt. 5 “The Right To Bear Love”October 4, 2020
You will know them by their fruit. (Galatians 5:22-23)
God is for us, so don’t be against them.
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
- Which of these love statements is most difficult for you to do and why? Which is the easiest?
- Love is patient
- love is kind
- It does not envy
- it does not boast
- it is not proud
- It does not dishonor others
- it is not self-seeking
- it is not easily angered
- it keeps no record of wrongs
- Read Matthew 5:38-48. These are tough words from Jesus. Why do you think Jesus is so adamant that we love and pray for our enemies? What do you think the benefits are to us if we obey this command?
- Read Romans 5:8 NIV – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- How does this verse impact you? How does this verse inform you on how you should act towards others?
- What do you find most challenging about loving and praying for those who are not kind towards you?
- Share of a time when you loved on your enemy? How did it go? Did it change anything in you or in them? If so, how?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Stop and take time to share prayer requests and pray for one another.
- Citizens of heaven pray for their enemies. It’s really hard to hate someone you’re praying for. Regularly pray for those who hate you, are mean to you, annoy you, or go out of their way to disrespect or underappreciate you.