The Christian Constitution Pt. 3 “Settle Out of Court”
September 20, 2020
The Christian Constitution Pt. 3 “Settle Out of Court”September 20, 2020
You will know them by their fruit.
Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT)
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
The way to prevent anger from settling in your heart is by quickly settling your issues with others.
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
- What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
- Read Matthew 5:21-26. Why do you think Jesus equates anger with murder?
- Read James 1:19-20. Are you quicker to speak or quicker to listen? Why do you think being quick to listen is so important in our efforts to be slow to anger?
- How quick are you to get angry? How quick are you to reconcile?
- The Bible says that God is slow to anger. What could help you be more like that with your family, friends, social media friends, neighbors, etc?
- Share a time when you successfully reconciled with someone. What did you do? What did they do? What made it successful?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Stop and take time to share prayer requests and pray for one another. Pray for those struggling with anger. Pray for those who need to reconcile with someone. Ask God to help us settle our issues quickly with one another.
- Who do you need to make things right with? A citizen of heaven always seeks to work things out by settling issues quickly.