No Pain. No Gain. Pt. 2 “Suffering You Can’t Avoid”
April 19, 2020
No Pain. No Gain. Pt. 2 “Suffering You Can’t Avoid”April 19, 2020
Making sense of suffering.
Suffering is but God’s presence is always .
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
- Share of a time when you got in trouble for what someone else did. How did that make you feel?
- Suffering is often unavoidable. Why do you think God doesn’t protect and prevent us from any and all suffering?
- What do you think is the hardest part about suffering for or with things that are beyond our ability to prevent or control?
- If you’re currently suffering from something you couldn’t avoid, share with the group what it is and what kind of help you need.
- Read and discuss: Share your thoughts on these words from Jesus and Isaiah.
- John 16:33 (TLB) – 33 I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.
- Isaiah 43:2 (NLT) – 2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up, the flames will not consume you.
- Share your burdens with one another. Take time to pray for and help meet practical needs.
- Practice being transparent and authentic with your faith community. Transparency/authenticity
- Intentionally spend time focusing on God through prayer, worship, or reading of God’s word.
- Ask for help/shoot up a flare.