First Things First Pt. 1 “First In Your Life”February 7, 2021
How to avoid drifting.
We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. – Hebrews 2:1 NIV
1 John 4:19 Living Bible
19 So you see, our love for him comes as a result of his loving us first.
We are to love first, He who first loved us.
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
- If you’re a Christian which of these best describes you, and why?
- A. I try really hard to keep God as the #1 thing in my life.
- B. I struggle and mostly fail at keeping God #1 in my life.
- C. I don’t really know what it looks like to make God #1 in my life.
- Share your thoughts on this statement: We are to love first, He who first loved us.
- What are some things or people that regularly compete with God for your time, affection, and priority?
- Read and share what you think God is trying to say to us from Exodus 20:3 The Message – 3 No other gods, only me.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Take time to share prayer requests and pray for one another.
- What do you need to get back to, that can help make God #1 in your life? What other things have you made a higher priority?