Be Wise Pt. 5 “For Giveness”
June 7, 2020
Be Wise Pt. 5 “For Giveness”June 7, 2020
Proverbs 19:8 (TPT)
“Do yourself a favor and love wisdom. Learn all you can, then watch your life flourish and prosper!”
Love wisdom. Learn all you can. Watch your life flourish.
1 Peter 4:8
We will either be a person who or faults.
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
- Which do you think is harder and why: Asking for forgiveness from someone that you have hurt or having to forgive someone who has hurt you?
- When you think about why we should forgive others, do you think it is for their sake, our sake, God’s sake, or a little of all? Explain your answer.
- Who do you think it is worse for, the person living with unforgiveness in their heart or the person who they have withheld their forgiveness from? In what ways?
- The disciple Peter wondered if there was a max limit that he was required to forgive someone. Jesus answered him this way in Matthew 18:21-22 TLB –
- 21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Sir, how often should I forgive a brother who sins against me? Seven times?” 22 “No!” Jesus replied, “seventy times seven!” Why do you think Jesus answered him in this way?
- What do you think he was trying to teach Peter back then and us today?
- Share about a time when you genuinely forgave someone or you were on the receiving end of someone else’s forgiveness. What happened? What were you feeling?
- The Bible teaches us that the wise are people who forgive other’s faults instead of finding faults in others. Read and discuss these words of wisdom:
- Proverbs 17:9 (NLT) 9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.
- Proverbs 17:9 (TPT) 9 Love overlooks the mistakes of others, but dwelling on the failures of others devastates friendships.
- Pray and ask God to help us forgive others and/or ask others for forgiveness. Pray that we will all follow in the footsteps of Jesus.
- Who do you need to forgive or ask forgiveness from? Don’t delay. Do it this week! Follow up with each other this week to see how we’re doing?