Be Wise Pt. 3 “The Path”May 24, 2020
Proverbs 19:8 (TPT)
“Do yourself a favor and love wisdom. Learn all you can, then watch your life flourish
Love wisdom. Learn all you can. Watch your life flourish.
The best is a .
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION
Start talking. Come up with a conversation starter for the group.
- Describe a time when you got lost. What was it like? What were you thinking and feeling? How did the story end?
- What do you think is the difference between being wise and being intelligent?
- Many people have thought or said to themself, “How did I end up here?” Why do you think we can end up somewhere we never intended and never wanted to be?
- Read Matthew 7:13 (NIV)
- 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
- What do you think Jesus is trying to teach us about the narrow and wide path? Share of a time where you took the narrow path or wide path? Describe that experience.
- What do you think makes Christianity different from other beliefs?
- Share of a time in your life when you went down an unwise path? How did it happen? What were some of the consequences? Did anybody help you get off of that path?
- There are so many paths in life. There are financial paths, relationship paths, spiritual paths, and career paths. What have you learned, through either failure or success, about how to make wise decisions that lead you down a wise path?
- Share about the time when you recognized for the first time that Jesus was the path for your life. If you’ve never done this, what is something that holds you back from following Jesus?
- Pray for your friends and family that don’t know Jesus yet. Pray for wisdom for those who are seeking to know the wise path God wants them to go down.
- Come before Jesus and pray, ask him to highlight your path, ask him to show you if you are heading down a road that could bring hardship or destruction.
- Check-in with someone in your life group later this week to see how they’re doing.