Answered Prayers Pt. 2 “Set Apart”November 22, 2020
Confronting the biggest threats to Christianity!
Matthew 16:18 TLB
18 You are Peter, a stone; and upon this rock I will build my church; and all the powers of hell shall not prevail against it.
1 Peter 4:1-5
Subtraction sets us apart for sacred service.
- Talk about a time you were part of a club or group. Something exclusive or hard to get into. Or if you weren’t in one, talk about one you wish you could have been in.
- How does it make you feel when you hear that you are your own biggest threat?
- What do you think it means to be “set apart” by God?
- What part of your life have you refused to let be set apart for God? Why is that, and how do you change it?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Ask the group to stop and take time to share prayer requests and pray for one another.
For non-Jesus followers: An opportunity to decrease by allowing the greatest increase of Jesus in your life: salvation
For Jesus followers: What part of you needs to go? What needs to be subtracted in order for God to add more things into your life?
- If you are holding on to sin or rebellion: Confess and allow Jesus to increase
- If you are living selfishly and ignoring God, fast and allow him to be reformed in the center of your life. Setting apart your time to be set apart for God.
- Fill in the blank: whatever way you are choosing to increase, find a way to turn it into a decrease so you can make way for Jesus.