Take Action & Be ArticulateFebruary 23, 2020
We tend to have ideas about what people should have for their role in life.
Just like Jesus clearing the temple, He looks at us, the temple of the Holy Spirit, and wants to clear our lives of that doesn’t belong.
The story of the fig tree should remind us of what being a Christian looks like.
- We should be the hope we find in the saving grace of Jesus.
- We should be praying with faith.
- Our lives should be the gifts that come from being filled with the Holy Spirit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, and Self-Control
What characteristic can we learn about Jesus from these two sections of Scripture?
All throughout Jesus life we see this about Him: He takes .
We should live out our by taking action!
- Make some if you have to! Flip over a table or two!
The characteristic we see in the passage is this: Jesus is .
- To be articulate is to be able to “express an idea fluently and coherently.”
Being articulate is a necessity when giving directions! Otherwise, people get lost. Being articulate is a necessity when our faith! Otherwise, people stay lost.
Jesus knew to say and to say it. We should be like Jesus in that respect.
1 Peter 3:15
2 Timothy 4:2 (NIV)
Now it’s time – We need to do this:
- Go and Take Action – Flip a Table – Make Some Noise
- Be Articulate – Speak Your Faith Boldly