Central Christian Church
Running with the Giants Week 7
August 2, 2020
Running with the Giants Week 7August 2, 2020
Series: Week #7 – Running with the Giants
Speaker: Richard Rock
Date: August 2, 2020
(Hebrews 12:1 NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Big Idea: “Give generously to others. You never know how God will use your generosity to accomplish His purposes.”
Today’s Scripture References:
- Hebrews 12.1
- 2 Cor 5.17
- Romans 12.2
- Ephesians 4.22
- 2 Cor 3.18
- Ephesians 5.1
- Hebrews 4.12
- 2 Timothy 3.16
- Psalm 139.23-24
- Galatians 5.22
- John 3.16
- 2 Cor 9.7
- Romans 12.6-8
- Luke 11.42
- Malachi 3.10
- 2 Cor 9.6
- Luke 6.38
- John 10.10
- Romans 10.9
Scripture References for further study:
- Matthew 10.8 – Freely you have received therefore freely give
- Luke 6.18 – Give generously
- Luke 6.30 – Give to anyone who asks you
- Luke 6.31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- Luke 6.38 – Give and it will be given to you. Verse 30
- 2 Corinthians 9.6-8 – Be cheerful givers
- Romans 12.7 – Give generously
- Romans 12.13 – Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
- Hebrews 13.16 – Don’t forget to share with others
- Matthew 6.2-3 – We are even told to give to our enemies
- Romans 12.20 – If your enemy is hungry, feed him, if he is thirsty, give him something to drink
- And Jesus Himself says it is more blessed to give than receive in Acts 20.35
- Reading Plan: In this Bible Plan, we’ll discover that generous living goes way beyond our personal finances— it’s an others-focused lifestyle we live.
- Memorize: (Hebrews 12:1 NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
- Invite someone to join you for church online next week. Here are some tools to help.