Welcome to Central Christian Church!
We exist to help people find and follow Jesus. It’s our hope that you go on a vibrant spiritual journey to know God, grow in freedom, discover your purpose & go change the world. Oh, and we hope you enjoy your time here and feel right at home. Take notes to easily follow along with the message today & the end of the message you can easily download these notes as a PDF or email them to yourself to look back at later. If you're new with us, please stop by the tent outside where our team is ready to meet you and answer any questions you might have!
Running with the Giants Week 6July 26, 2020 / Central Christian Church
Series: Week #6 – Running with the Giants
Title: Elisha – Give Your Best
Pastor: Tim Perkins
Date: July 26, 2020
(Hebrews 12:1 NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Big Idea: When you wonder if your life counts… “ wherever God puts you.” (Acts 17:26 NIV)
Wherever you are…
- Give your best in and God will it. (1 Kings 19:19; Matthew 6:4)
- Give your best in things and God will give you things to do. (1 Kings 19:21; Luke 16:10)
- Give your best in the and God will do the . (2 Kings 2:9-10; John 14:12-14)
Mid-Week Pick Me Up:
1. “Learn how to the presence of God in your life.” (2 Kings 3:15; Acts 4:13)
2. “At some point, you have to just start .” (2 Kings 3:16; James 2:17)
“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.” Saint Augustine
3. “Don’t base your life on the , but the .” (2 Kings 3:17-18; 2 Corinthians 4:18)
Think about it…
- This week, we talked about Elisha, the man who performed more documented miracles than anyone other than Jesus. Elisha lived in obscurity for many years, faithfully farming the land God had given him. One day, Elijah, a well-known, powerful man of God, approached Elisha as he was plowing his field, threw his cloak over him, and walked away. Not knowing the exact implications of this action but trusting that God was bringing change to his life, Elisha stopped farming and went to serve Elijah, willing to do the most menial tasks to support Elijah’s work. When Elijah’s life on earth was coming to an end, he asked Elisha what he could do for him. Elisha asked for a double portion of Elijah’s anointing – and it was granted to him! If Elisha were here today, he would tell us, “Give your best wherever God puts you.”
- Jesus said, “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much” – Luke 16:10
Talk about it…
- Discuss the dreams God is stirring in your heart. In what ways might you be able to dream bigger and ask God for more of the supernatural? What steps are you taking personally to see your dream come to fruition?
- Explain what it means to walk by faith rather than by sight. What practical steps can you take to base your life on the unseen?
- Talk about where you are in your life right now. What has God entrusted to you with which you need to be faithful? What does it mean for you to give your best where He’s put you in this season of your life?
Pray about it…
- Thank God for seeing greatness in you that you don’t see in yourself. Ask Him to help you be faithful with what He’s put in front of you. Pray about the dream God has given you, asking for bigger things than you can imagine. Believe for Him to do the supernatural in your life. Pray that He would increase your faith and help you trust Him in the waiting season.
Act on it…
- Reading Plan: Elisha: A Tale Of Ridiculous Faith
- Memorize: “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much” – Luke 16:10
- Recognize the areas of your life in which you need to be more faithful in giving your best. Write them down and ask a friend to hold you accountable to being diligent in these areas. Intentionally set aside time every day for prayer and worship. Fast regularly.
- Identify the dreams God has placed in your heart and write down your next action step to see those dreams come to fruition.
- Invite someone to join you for church online next week. Here are some tools to help.