Welcome to Central Christian Church!
We exist to help people find and follow Jesus. It’s our hope that you go on a vibrant spiritual journey to know God, grow in freedom, discover your purpose & go change the world. Oh, and we hope you enjoy your time here and feel right at home. Take notes to easily follow along with the message today & the end of the message you can easily download these notes as a PDF or email them to yourself to look back at later. If you're new with us, please stop by the tent outside where our team is ready to meet you and answer any questions you might have!
REMEMBER THE CROSS | Palm SundayApril 5, 2020 / Central Christian Church
“Remember The Cross”
Today’s Scripture References:
- Mark 11:9; Mark 15:1-24; 1 Peter 2:24; Romans 8:11
- Remember the !
- Today we remember the cross. Jesus lived a perfect life we couldn’t live and died a death we deserved in order to pay the penalty for our sins.
Talk about it…
- What was your favorite dessert (or treat) when you were nine years old?
- Paul said, “And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:1-2 ESV)
- Why do you suppose Paul would take this approach?
- Is it still vital for us to take the same approach when we talk to people in our daily lives? Why or why not?
- The Bible says, “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV)
- What does this passage teach us?
- What does the cross mean to you personally?
- As you consider all Jesus endured to have relationship with you, how does that impact your perspective of Him in this present moment?
- Read Romans 8:31-39
Pray about it…
- Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of Your Son and for paying my eternal debt on the cross. If ever I doubt Your love for me, help me remember that You spared nothing—not even Jesus—to make a way for me to be with You forever. Help me live in the light of the gospel, dead to sin and raised to a new life with Christ. And with that new life, use me as Your representative to share the good news of salvation with others. Amen.
Act on it…
- Download the YouVersion Bible App. As a CCC family, we’re going to read the six-day reading plan, “Cross & Crown” this week.
- Invite someone to join you for Easter online!
- Watch “The Passion of the Christ” movie
- Memorize 1 Peter 2:24 NIV “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
Sermon available online at centralsj.org