Central Christian Church
March 22, 2020
March 22, 2020
Message Notes: Courageous Faith – “Faith>Fear”
Message by Tim Perkins
Joshua 1:9; Joshua 10:12-14; Joshua 11:6
People of Courageous Faith know Jesus is the only !
People of Courageous Faith the voices!
People of Courageous Faith choose over !
- Mark 5:36; Romans 8:28; Psalm 37:23; Philippians 1:6; Psalm 9:10; 1 Thess. 5:24; 1 Corinthians 4:17; James 1:2-3; Psalm 27:13; Psalm 86:5; Psalm 119:68; Philippians 4:19; Hebrews 13:5; Mark 5:37-43
We learn from the book of Joshua that God wants to help us take new ground in our lives. He has new territory He wants us to take, new blessings He wants to give, and victories for us to win. We saw last week in Joshua 10 that God answered Joshua’s BIG request & brought about a miraculous victory. Nevertheless, this week we learn from Joshua 11, that even after great wins, there an even bigger battle waiting. This week we focus on how we too can choose Faith>Fear amid trying times!
Discussion Questions to talk about with your group, family, and/or process with God:
- What strategies have you found useful in your effort to feed your faith and starve your fears?
- What is the most significant need you currently have? How can God and those around you help you in meeting that need?
- Describe a time when you had a miracle that God was working on, and it seemed interrupted? How did you handle this situation?
- What are some situations where you feel like you can no longer ask for God’s help? What has made you feel this way?
- What negative voices do you need silence to allow God to have the loudest voice?
- How do you suppose you could do a better job of keeping the promises of God front and center in your life?
- What doubts do you need to ignore this week? What are some ways you can tune out the doubt?
- Tell God what one of your most significant needs are. Ask Him to help you do the impossible by meeting that need.
- Tell God about your plans to feed your faith and starve your fears this week.
- Ask God to give you the opportunity to speak words of courageous faith to someone fearful this week.
- Ask God to help you in those situations that you feel you can no longer ask for His help.
- Download the YouVersion Bible App. As a church community, we’re going to start the seven-day reading plan, “Worry – Finding Peace” on Monday, 3/23/20.
- Memorize & meditate on Joshua 1:9 NLT this week:
“This is my command – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Check on someone you haven’t talked to for a while and see how they’re doing. Before the conversation, make a conscious effort to speak words of courageous faith & share one of the promises Tim talked about this week or one you’ve been hanging onto in this season.
Sermon available online at centralsj.org