COURAGEOUS FAITH | ASK BIGMarch 15, 2020
COURAGEOUS FAITH | ASK BIG
Message by Tim Perkins
Joshua 1:9; Romans 15:14; Joshua 10:7-14
People of Courageous Faith…
- make of God! (Jeremiah 32:27; Joshua 10:12-14)
- consult God on ! (Psalm 37:23; Joshua 9:14)
- know God turns into ! (Joshua 10:5-6; Joshua 10:12)
- know God is not insulted by request! (Joshua 10:12; 1 John 5:14-15)
- ! (Joshua 10:19)
People of Courageous Faith… (FILLED IN)
- make BIG ASK of God! (Jeremiah 32:27; Joshua 10:12-14)
- consult God on EVERYTHING! (Psalm 37:23; Joshua 9:14)
- know God turns MISTAKES into MIRACLES! (Joshua 10:5-6; Joshua 10:12)
- know God is not insulted by BIG request! (Joshua 10:12; 1 John 5:14-15)
- DON’T STOP! (Joshua 10:19)
Talk it Over: “Ask Big”
We learn from the book of Joshua that God wants to help us take new ground in our lives. He has new territory He wants us to take, new blessings He wants to give, and victories for us to win. However, this week we learn if we’re going to grab ahold of everything God has for us, we must make “big asks” of God to see Him move in big ways in our life, our church, and our world. God is not offended by our big request… perhaps He’s offended by anything less.
With your Bible or mobile device, read Joshua 10:7-14. In this passage, God answers Joshua’s impossible prayer of making the sun stand still so that his army could prevail over the Amorites.
- What are some of the miraculous things you have seen God do in your life or the lives of others?
- In what ways have you seen the “sun stand still” in your church?
- What keeps you from believing that God can do the impossible?
- Describe a time when God turned your mistake into a miracle. How did this experience impact you?
- What impossible goal is God calling you towards? How do you need God’s help to achieve that goal?
- What changes do you need to make that will allow Go to do miraculous things in your life?
- How different do you think your life would be if you stopped asking God for simple things and instead ask Him to do mighty things?
- What impossible need will you ask God to meet? What is your next step in allowing God to meet that need?
- Thank God for the miraculous things He has done in your life and in the lives of those you love.
- Tell God the things that are keeping you from believing that He can do the impossible. Ask Him to help you remove these things from your life.
- Ask God to show you the impossible goal that He wants you to accomplish. Ask for His help.
- Ask God to continue making the “the sun stand still” in your church. Thank Him for all He has already done.
- Tell God your impossible needs that you need Him to meet. Ask for His help and commit to believing that He will meet those needs.
- Memorize & meditate on Joshua 1:9 NLT this week:
“This is my command – be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Pray about everything: Joshua made a costly decision because he was looking at the situation with his physical eyes, “…but did not inquire of the LORD.” Joshua 9:14
- Let’s learn from his mistake & commit to consulting God this week in everything for His perspective and direction… not just the major decisions you need to make.
- Pray Big: Commit to making BIG requests of God this week because He is BIG with capacity & capability that we can not comprehend. (Ephesians 3:20)
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson
Sermon available online at centralsj.org