Welcome to Central Christian Church!
We exist to help people find and follow Jesus. It’s our hope that you go on a vibrant spiritual journey to know God, grow in freedom, discover your purpose & go change the world. Oh, and we hope you enjoy your time here and feel right at home. Take notes to easily follow along with the message today & the end of the message you can easily download these notes as a PDF or email them to yourself to look back at later. If you're new with us, please stop by the tent outside where our team is ready to meet you and answer any questions you might have!
CHRISTMAS AT CENTRAL WEEK 1December 6, 2020 / Central Christian Church
Series: Christmas at Central – A Christmas Journey
Speaker: Pastor Tim
Title: Joseph – A Man Who Listens to God
(1 Kings 3:9 MSG) “Here’s what I want: so I can lead your people well, discerning the difference between good and evil.”
Three Characteristics of a God-Listening Heart:
- A Listening Heart Obeys Even When it . (Matthew 1:18-25; Deuteronomy 22:23–24; Acts 2:17)
Hebrew marriage involved two stages.
- The kiddushin (betrothal or engagement)
- The huppah (public ceremony)
- A Listening Heart Obeys . (Matthew 2:13-14)
The longer you wait to obey…
- The less sure you are that you heard His voice.
- The softer God’s voice gets. (1 Samuel 3:1)
- The harder obedience becomes.
“Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong. It makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak, it sets you free.” – David Willis
- A Listening Heart is in Tune with the Lord. (Matthew 2:19-22; Proverbs 4:18)
God rarely reveals the whole plan. But He will always reveal enough for you to take the next step of obedience!
What’s your next step today?