CHRISTMAS AT CENTRAL WEEK 1December 6, 2020
Series: Christmas at Central – A Christmas Journey
Speaker: Pastor Tim
Title: Joseph – A Man Who Listens to God
(1 Kings 3:9 MSG) “Here’s what I want: so I can lead your people well, discerning the difference between good and evil.”
Three Characteristics of a God-Listening Heart:
- A Listening Heart Obeys Even When it . (Matthew 1:18-25; Deuteronomy 22:23–24; Acts 2:17)
Hebrew marriage involved two stages.
- The kiddushin (betrothal or engagement)
- The huppah (public ceremony)
- A Listening Heart Obeys . (Matthew 2:13-14)
The longer you wait to obey…
- The less sure you are that you heard His voice.
- The softer God’s voice gets. (1 Samuel 3:1)
- The harder obedience becomes.
“Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong. It makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak, it sets you free.” – David Willis
- A Listening Heart is in Tune with the Lord. (Matthew 2:19-22; Proverbs 4:18)
God rarely reveals the whole plan. But He will always reveal enough for you to take the next step of obedience!
What’s your next step today?