Central Christian Church
September 13, 2020
September 13, 2020
Series: Stand Alone Message
Date: September 13, 2020
Title: “Better Together”
Pastor: Tim Perkins
Big Idea: The first problem in the Bible wasn’t sin. It was solitude. (Genesis 2:18; Ecclesiastes 4:8)
- “It may be true that he travels farthest who travels alone, but the goal thus reached is not worth reaching.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
We Need Each Other
1. I need people who will . (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10; Romans 12:15; 1 Corinthians 12:26)
2. I need people who will . (Hebrews 3:13)
3. I need people who will . (Ecclesiastes 4:9; Ephesians 2:10)
4. I need people who will . (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
1. Have you been in a compromising situation this week?
2. Have any of your financial dealings lacked integrity?
3. Have you viewed any sexually explicit material?
4. Have you spent quality time in Bible study and prayer?
5. Have you given priority time to your family?
6. Have you fulfilled the mandates of your calling?
7. Have you just lied to me?
5. I need people who will . (Ephesians 6:18; Exodus 17:8-16)
- Head to centralsj.org/groups to browse through the Small Groups Directory, contact a leader, and get connected to a group! Make a fresh commitment to engaging in Small Groups this semester to become an even better friend and leader.
- Have the events and circumstances of this year caused you to feel distant from others? How so?
- Of the relational needs Pastor Tim covered in this message, which do you feel you currently need most (care, encouragement, partnership, protection, prayer)? Why?
- How can you use the relational tips Pastor Tim shared to make a difference in someone else’s life?
- Jesus, thank You for creating me for relationship with You and with others. Please place people in my life with whom I can develop true, meaningful friendships. Empower me to care for, encourage, partner with, protect, and pray for others, and help me receive this kind of relational support as well.