Central Baptist Church of Owasso
The Secret to Winning with Money
February 21, 2021

The Secret to Winning with Money

February 21, 2021

The Secret to Winning With Money

Series: Making Change

February 21, 2021

Dr. Clayton Chisum

Last week…

I COMMIT TO ATTACK AND PAY OFF ALL MY CONSUMER DEBT

Tithing is the key to being financially faithful to God.

The 1st reason we tithe is because…

God

Malachi 3:6–8 (NIV)

If God owns it, then I don’t give it, I .

Tithing is RETURNING to God a portion of what he has given us

“God, how are we robbing you?”

God says, “Because you aren’t tithing!”

God owns everything, 100%, and he allows us to keep 90% to manage for our own needs, but return 10% back to him

The 2nd reason we tithe is because…

Tithing shows

When we tithe and when we don’t, we show who we really are

TITHING SHOWS GOD THAT HE HAS .

It’s a tangible way of showing God that I’m all in…

Exodus 20:1–3 (NIV)

Matthew 6:24 (NIV)

Both God and your money are fighting for your heart.

Tithing is really a .

Until God has control of your money you’re just faking it as a Christian.

Matthew 6:21 (NIV

If you’re giving for the wrong reasons, I’d rather you not give because giving is about worshipful obedience, not getting your money.

The 3rd reason we tithe is because…

God it.

Proverbs 3:9–10 (NIV)

So what is God asking of us? What is he calling you to do today?

GOD WANTS HIS PEOPLE TO

Malachi 3:10b

This is the only place in Scripture were God says it’s ok to test him.

If you give back 10% of your income and manage the remaining 90% in a godly fashion, God will… BLESS YOU!

The simple fact is: .

Will you make the following commitment before you leave here today?

I COMMIT TO TITHE 10% OF MY INCOME TO GOD THROUGH CENTRAL

So we are going to do something at Central that we’ve never done before. We believe that Jesus changes everything — even our financial situation, and God says that we should test him. So that’s exactly what we’re going to do.

Click here to sign up for the 90 Day Tithing Challenge

 

Save PDF Locally

Click to save a copy of the filled-in notes to a PDF file on your device

Save PDF to Google Drive

(Android & PC Only) Click to save a copy of the filled-in notes to a PDF file on your Google Drive account

Send to Email

Enter your email address below to receive a copy of your filled in notes