Squeaky Clean: Not All is Lost
September 19, 2021
NOT ALL IS LOST
Series: Squeaky Clean
September 19, 2021
Dr. Clayton Chisum
The reason we need grace is because we all .
Before his life began — things weren’t looking too good for Moses’ Hebrew parents living in Egypt…
Exodus 1:11–14 (NIV)
Exodus 1:15–16 (NIV)
Exodus 1:22 (NIV)
Exodus 2:1–4 (NIV)
Exodus 2:5–6 (NIV)
Exodus 2:10 (NIV)
Moses was .
In the game of life, sometimes you start off with so much potential but then a wrench gets thrown into your plans. That is exactly what happened to Moses, a prince of Egypt.
Exodus 2:11–15 (NIV)
- He went from having everything to almost losing his life… and that one moment, that one bad decision, cost him dearly
- His life is ruined and he flees not only from his past but from his promising future
But while living in his failure… something unexpected happened.
Exodus 3:1–10 (NIV)
When Moses met God, he found a .
He was given a purpose. But even in the middle of his call, he doubted himself.
Exodus 3:11 (NIV)
Exodus 4:10 (NIV)
Exodus 4:13 (NIV)
Moses made this declaration:
• “God, I’m not good enough.”
• “I don’t have the skills, I don’t have the knowledge, I don’t know the right people.”
• “And my past is too messy”
What about you?
You may have started out with some incredible POTENTIAL, but somewhere along the line life happened… and now you have a PAST.
Maybe you and Moses have a lot in common.
You’re not squeaky clean. You have a past.
Everyone has a past. So how do we deal with it?
Isaiah 43:18–19 (NIV)
Exodus 3:12 (NIV)
What God was telling Moses is that —
- I’m all you need!
- You can’t change your past, but I can change your future.
- You may not have what it takes, but I’m enough.
- You carry the burden of your sin, but I carry the freedom of life.
God told Moses he would be with him… and he will be with you, too. He knows you don’t have what it takes… but He does.
You can’t change your past, but God sure can change your future!
God says, “I will be with you.”
Now that’s great news! — But do you trust Him?