Calvary Baptist Church Red Bank
When God Became a Man
June 6, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)
When God Became a ManJune 6, 2021 / John 1:14-18
Few statements in the Bible are as simple and profound as the first few words of verse 14 – the Word became flesh. Let’s notice several observations about when God became a man.
- God came to this earth in the of Jesus Christ to offer God’s grace to sinners.
- The verb “become” means that there was a point in time in the Word to be born as a human.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- All His life, Jesus had a nature.
- God didn’t stay distant from us, but actually among us.
- The word “dwelt” means to dwell in a or tabernacle as a state of residency.
- The tabernacle in the OT was the place where God’s was for Israel.
- John testified in 1 John 1:1 “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life.”
- Jesus displayed a unique because He was the Son of God.
- For God to become flesh, He must have had some tremendous for doing so. Why would Jesus Christ leave the glorious environment of heaven to come into this dark, depraved, wretched world?
- Jesus was full of and .
- In order to be right with God and experience His grace, you must deal with truth about yourself and God.
- This is the whole key to why Jesus came. To bring salvation, to seek and to that which was lost.
- Whatever you’ve done or whatever you’re , in Jesus Christ there is grace upon grace.