The Christian Atheist: I Believe In God But Don’t Go OverboardAugust 9, 2020
I BELIVE IN GOD, BUT I DON’T WANT TO GO OVERBOARD.
Pew Research posed questions to 38K people in 34 different countries.
- GOD plays an important role in my life.
- Prayer plays an important role in my life.
- Belief in GOD is necessary in order to be moral and have good values.
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16
14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with ME.21 To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with ME on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on HIS throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” Revelation 3:14-22
COLD and HOT Water Have Purpose.
Cold Water Hot Springs
Express Love and Hope Wise Counsel
Release Laughter and Joy Available
Rehydrate your Soul Renew your Spirit
- Crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from GOD
- Rarely share their faith
- Rationalize sin
- Think more about life on earth than eternity in heaven
- Only turn to GOD when they need something
- They give whenever it’s convenient
- They are not much different from the rest of the world.
Earnest Change (get serious and repent)
- Crave acceptance from HIM
- Share JESUS whenever and wherever possible
- Long to be with Him eternally in Heaven
- This world is not your home
- Give radically, generously, fanatically
- Seek God… Faithfully
- Grieve over sinfulness
- Be different, set apart, Go OVERBOARD!