Bethel Church, WA
WHY WORK DOESN’T WORK
June 27, 2021
Main Scripture Reference(s)
WHY WORK DOESN’T WORKJune 27, 2021 / Ecclesiastes 2:18-26
Our work will when we do.
1 Kings 14:25-26
Work apart form God is .
Work as a gift from God is .
Without a right relationship with God, you will never have a right relationship with your work.
1 Timothy 6:17-19
SUMMER SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS:
- Read the main passage from this week’s sermon. Are you familiar with the book from which the passage is drawn? If not, read the introduction to the book in a study Bible or go to https://www.biblica.com/resources/scholar-notes/niv-study-bible/.
Who were the author and the recipients? What were the issues being addressed, and where were they taking place? What are some keywords in the passage?
- What do you see as the speaker’s emphasis or main point in this week’s sermon?
- In the passage(s) do you see a
a. Sin to confess
b. Promise to keep
c. Example to follow
d. Attitude to change
e. Knowledge to retain
- How does this sermon and main passage apply to you?
- Is God directing you to change something, or encouraging you with a promise or perhaps revealing something new about His heart?
- If you felt the Lord speaking to you directly regarding one of the verses, memorize it and meditate on it over the week.
- Share with someone this week what God is doing in your life, preferably a non-Christian, and ask them what they think.
- Consider contacting someone who you may have lost touch with, and see how they are doing during this time.