RE:ORIENT – A KINGDOM PERSPECTIVENovember 8, 2020
1. The of the Kingdom.
2. The of the Kingdom.
3. The of the Kingdom.
4. The of the Kingdom.
Jn 8:31-32; 18:37-38; Heb 12:28
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS:
- Read John 18:33-35. Why doesn’t Jesus come right out and say that He is a King in verse 34? See Matthew 16:15-17 for clues that might help you answer.
- A. What does Pilate’s response in verse 35 show us about him?
B. How do you deal with similar people who want to avoid Jesus?
- Jesus speaks of His kingdom in verses 36-37a.
A. How is Christ’s kingdom “not of this world”?
B. How would you describe Christ’s kingdom?
C. Jesus states what His servants don’t fight for. So what DO we fight for?
- Read John 18:37b-38. Jesus claims to not only be of the truth but to be Truth itself, John 14:6. How would you explain to someone that truth is absolute, not relative?
- In your own words, share with the group who you say Jesus is. What proof could you present to someone that you actually believe what you say?
- As subjects of an otherworldly kingdom, how should we represent Christ and our heavenly kingdom to a world that is blind to it?
We live in an Information Age and are bombarded with countless
personalities and voices every day. Jesus says that those who know the truth will listen/obey HIS voice. Pay attention to which voice(s) you tune into most this next week. Who got the most air time? What would it look like to increase Jesus? Share next week any adjustments you made.
Individually or as a group, ask the Lord to open your eyes to what Christ sees and wants for others. Pray also that He would make each of us a bold witness who represents Him accurately to the lost around us.