The EpistlesFebruary 7, 2021
- Three Continents
- 1,500 years
- 30+ Authors
Big Idea of the Bible:
God making all things new through Jesus.
Out of the 27 Books of the New Testament, Paul wrote .
- Tell everyone about Christ (Salvation)
- Explain God’s mysterious plan (the Church)
Paul’s letters fall into two categories: letters to of or churches and letters addressed to .
What are the epistles about?
- : What Christians should know
- Application: what Christians should do with doctrine
- : specific instructions, greetings, etc.
- In chapters 1-11, Paul proclaims the gospel.
- In chapters 12–15, Paul explains how we should respond. (Romans 12:1-2).
- At the end of chapter 15, he discusses logistics for his visit to Rome.
Worship is our to the gospel.
Worship is not just a activity; it is an all-of-life activity.
“If you will not worship God seven days a week, you do not worship Him on one day a week.”
– AW Tozer
- 1 John 2:6
- James 4:4
- Deuteronomy 34:10-12
- Romans 12:2b
A life of leads us into the center of God’s will.
- Are our lives fully ?
- Are we t for His purpose?
- Are our pure?