1 Peter 4:8
PersonalityFebruary 21, 2021 / 1 Peter 4:8
Personalities are God-Given
- Psalm 139:14
- Ephesians 2:10
Because our personalities are God-given, they can also be God-honoring.
- Romans 12:1-2
- 1 Peter 4:8
Relationships Require Empathy
Empathy is your ability to relate to another person in your thoughts, feelings, or experience.
- Galatians 6:2
- Romans 12:15
- John 11:35 (NIV)
The more you understand your personality and appreciate the personality of others, the deeper you can dive into love.
The Basics of Personality
- Personalities can be observed.
- Personalities are natural.
- Personalities are predictable.
- Personalities have strengths and weaknesses.
- Romans 8:26
- Personalities can be improved.
- Fast-Paced Vs. Slow-Paced
- People-Oriented Vs. Task Oriented
- Luke 10:38-42
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 (ESV)
- Personalities can be appreciated:
- Understand them
- Value them
- See their strengths
Understanding and appreciating personalities is the key to relating to others and unlocking deeper relationships.