“The Rested Body” Embodied Part 3January 29, 2023
Sabbath: the once-a-week rhythm of spending a whole day abandoning busyness to rest in God’s goodness
If you would keep the Sabbath, the Sabbath would keep you.
1. Sabbath means resting in God’s . (Genesis 2:2-3)
2. Sabbath means resting in God’s . (Exodus 20:8-11)
3. Sabbath means resting in . (Mark 2:27-28)
Download ‘The Rested Body’ by Jim Botts (1/22/23) free, or share it via email, Facebook, or Twitter at hcbc.com/media.
Use the following questions this week to reflect on what it would mean to align yourself with the truths taught in Scripture. Each question is meant for both personal reflection and as a catalyst for discussion with your family, friends, or small group.
- Our culture is turning us into “busybodies.” In what ways do you feel dragged through life? What are you tethered to that you wish you could unleash from?
- Read the definition of Sabbath. What encourages you most from the definition? What challenges you the most? How does control play into Sabbath keeping?
- Sabbath is God’s intervention in the spin cycle of achievement. Are you living with your cup covered? What needs to change for you to create a Sabbath rhythm?
- Sabbath ultimately points to Jesus. Describe how you experience rest in Jesus. Pray for one another to establish a weekly rhythm of Sabbath with God.
- Read Hebrews 4:1-11 in your quiet time this week to explore more about ultimate rest in Jesus.
“For whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.”