Hebrews Lesson 15 – The New Covenant in Christ’s Blood – (Hebrews 9:15-28)
May 18, 2022
- For what reason is Christ the mediator of a new covenant?
- What sins does this passage say Christ’s death redeemed?
- Who are those referred to as “called” in verse 15?
- Review together what this passage tells us about salvation in the Old Testament. How were people saved before Jesus?
- If you have time, read these verses and discuss how they relate to this passage. (1 Timothy 2:5; Romans 8:34)
The blood of animals inaugurated the Old Covenant. (Hebrews 9:18-22)
- Imagine an unbeliever asks you the following question: “Why do Christians obsess over blood? How can the blood of a man who lived 2000 years ago help you?” What would you say?
- How do these verses relate to our passage today? (Matthew 26:28; Leviticus 17:11; Ephesians 1:7)
The blood of Jesus inaugurated the New Covenant. (Hebrews 9:23-28)
- What practical impact does the fact that Jesus only needed to die once have on us?
- How should we wait for Christ’s return? What should we do while we wait for Him? (Matthew 24:14 gives you one idea for something to do while you wait)