Baptism: What and Why?
September 20, 2020
Main Scripture Reference(s)
Baptism: What and Why?September 20, 2020 / Matthew 3:13-17
- Baptism Prior to John the Baptist
- What Am I Saying When Baptized?
- You’re renouncing dependence on your heritage
- You’re renouncing dependence on your righteousness
- You’re renouncing your worldly success
v.11 – “He Himself will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire”
Does not mean that water baptism is not important now that Jesus has come.
Does not mean a “special baptism” for a select group of Christians
- · Why Was Jesus Baptized?
- As an identification with sinners
- As an example for the saints (believers)Matthew 28:19-20
- As a picture of salvation
“Baptizo” = “immerse”
- The Church Today
- Tell the world
- Bear fruit of our new life
- Be baptized
- Live your life in the overflow of faith in Christ